Monday, August 16, 2010

Yes, I'm Still in New Jersey

And My Mom Is Still in Rehab.

She goes to therapy every morning, and I spend every afternoon and evening with her to keep her company.

Weather permitting, we go for a short walks in the courtyard, play computer games or just sit and talk. 
In the evening, of course there's always "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune".  Thank You Merv Griffin!

At this point it looks like she'll probably be here at least another week.  That's good I suppose, since she's definitely getting stronger each day. 

Unfortunately however, she's become very depressed.  She wants desperately to go home and I understand that.  Sometimes she just looks out the window and cries and I feel so bad for her.  But, I also know the rehabilitation therapy has been very beneficial for her and she needs to build up our strength before she goes home.

They have still not scheduled the additional stent procedure. We have an appointment to see the cardiologist on Wednesday, August 25th.  So hopefully we'll know more then.

No comments:

Post a Comment