Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today in History - August 18th



This also seemed like a good day to re-post my favorite TV commercial and No, this is not meant to be an endorsement of AT&T or its 3G Network.  Which is what I finally figured out this commercial is for.  Nor was I ever necessarily a big fan of Gene Wilder and/or Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I could take it or leave it to tell you the truth.  But I do love this commercial, and every time it comes on;  I tend to stop, pause, reflect and smile.  With all that's been going on recently, today of all days.  I feel like a smile :)



I don't know if it's the beautiful yet haunting melody or the scenes of a busy bustling city, combined with innocent childish graphics.  Perhaps it's the bearded guy with his simple, subtle and insightful smile.  I don't know what it is that captures my imagination.  I only know that when I see this commercial I want to get out of box crayons and a clean sheet of paper.  It makes me want to be Five again, or any age younger than this reality I am forced to dwell within.

By the way Apple Annie,  even though "Not Celebrating Birthdays" has become almost like a "Religion" to me.  When I received your card today, at my Mom's house in New Jersey, no less; I must admit it brought me both a Smile and a Tear.  Thanks dear one.  The timing was just right!

Just Thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment