Friday, July 30, 2010

Things Don't Always Go As Planned

Well here it is Friday night, July 30, 2010 , and while I should be in Maine with my mom at the rehearsal dinner for my nephew's wedding.  I'm actually still here in New Jersey with my mom, who is at the Kimball Medical Center.

For those of you who haven't heard by now.  Mom had a heart attack earlier this week.  "Such are the best laid plans of mice and men." 

The good news is, she got out of CCU this morning and is now resting comfortably in a regular room.  All her vital signs seem to be stable, although she does appear be pale and very weak.  She is also experiencing some kidney failure and is having some blood sugar problems as well.  They seem to think these conditions are manageable, though.  As they're trying to build up her strength for a  cardiac catheterization  procedure, probably sometime next week.

Needless to say we both greatly regret having to miss the wedding.  Not to mention the opportunity to see my sister-in-law, who hasn't been well either, and my nephews and nieces who live in Maine and we so seldom get to see.

Oh well, what can I say?   It is what it is, and Stuff Happens!  Sometimes you just have to cope!!

Just Thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment